Colour 3 column

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I lie,steal,and cheat. I can admit it.

OK, so I do all of those things, I am only human.  I lie to my kids when necessary and to others when I don't want to talk about something. 
 I have seen on many craft blogs about people recovering their ironing boards. Mine was just a little tabletop one that I have had for over eight years.  My mom said I had to have an ironing board but I didn't have room for a full size one.  I wanted to recover it because it is just boring blue and I got some paint on it when I was doing  freezer stencil the last time.  So I stole everyone elses idea combined them and made a cover for mine. 

the cover after I took it off the board
I almost forgot to take a picture
I, however, did not want to hem or create a casing and thread a piece of string back through the entire thing (yes I know it is small but still, I have other things I Need to do).  I think the only basic requirement is that I use 100% cotton so that it will not melt and can stand up to the heat.  Most of the cotton I had, I would have had to hem, then I remembered I had a sheet that no one wanted to use but me and it was the wrong size for my bed. 




Enter really bitching sheet!! I didn't take any pictures of the sewing, I think we understand how a sewing machine works. Basically all I did was spread out the blue cover over the sheet and cut around it.  Then I just took the and sewed the sheet directly to the blue cover as close to the casing as possible.  See I cheat too.  Then I just put it on and pulled it tight. 





My littlest one loves this cover he thinks the lines look like roads and likes to run his toy cars up and down it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment